Wednesday 13 July 2011

WOYWW 110

If it had been WOYWTuesday then you would have seen a bare table.  Had visits for Sunday lunch so had to clear all my stuff from the dining room table as I am one of those very, very deprived people who do not have a craft room.  On second thoughts, I do have a craft room - who needs a dining room?

Decided to have a very messy day, even more than normal, and make some backgrounds and all I can say is thank goodness for rubber gloves.  Have had these Starburst Stains for ages, so much so that a couple had dried out - so I added some more water to get the last dregs out of the pots.  I go off mica every so often but the effect really is impressive - pity the sheen does not show up on the photos.  My favourite is the paler one which is a lovely jade and copper but the photo doesn't do it justice - it's calling for me to get out my asian stamps.



I got time yesterday to sort out some of my stamps - is it only me who tumbles them all back any old how at the end of the day?  Sat down and sorted them all out into their rightful places in these 'Really Useful' boxes.  If anything was named correctly then it must be these - I need more, lots more, I only have eight and am overflowing into the drawers at the side.  Drawers are really the bottom part of my Grandma's Edwardian pine dressing-table.  Had to take off the top part and mirror to make room for my dolls house so they are up in the loft now.  Have had the dressing table since my Gran died, I was 14 at the time and we painted it white.  Now it's a lovely golden colour - well worth the hours and hours I spent stripping it back.


Having a craft day tomorrow with a friend but that will be much more sedate - Pro-markers.  Have always loved 'colouring in', so in for a relaxing time - and cleaner fingers.

Off not to have a look at Julia's blog and all the other WOYWW'ers

7 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

Well you've been a busy bee with some good results. Anything with a bit of bling/sparkle etc., doesn't photograph really well which is a shame but we all understand this and make allowances. Your backgrounds still look good.
Love JoZarty x
always sign with this on WOYWW as there are so many Jo's

Sharne Davies said...

ohh promarkers my favourite. colouring has a strange calming effect on me and just being messy is just plain fun. thanks for sharing

Elizabeth said...

Hello Ann, your desk/table looks busy - all those little pots of stuff and there's something very satisfying about spraying inks about - it's a pity they don't show up well in photos. Great storage and isn't it satisfying to be still using your grandmother's dressing-table drawers. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Elizabeth x #99

Anonymous said...

Great backing papers and thank heavens for Marigolds! Love the pine drawers, always loved good bare wood personally.

Hugs
Brenda

Neet said...

Lovely to see you on here Ann and to have a peek at your stamping space. Off now to look at your other posts - think I just spied the word t-shirt (it is one word isn't it). Hugs, Neet #5
ps love your golden dresser

okienurse said...

great storage! Love the backing papers. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm late. Hope you had a lovely crafty day with your chum - Pro Markers - perfect for a day of chatting but still being productive! Have you tried your Micas on darker paper? I love them like that.