Wednesday 12 October 2011

Whats On Your Workspace? Wednesday - 123

Week  123 (it's so easy, like taking candy, from a baby*) of Julia's fantastic blog-hopping journey over at Stamping Ground and what a hectic week it has been for me.
Mr B's birthday last Wednesday so we had a great day out with scrumptious lunch then preparing for the arrival of family for the weekend so the craft stash had to be tidied away Thursday and it's taken me two days this week to find where I hid it all.  In fact I searched for 2 hours yesterday to find the spindle Neet sent me to alter - how can you lose a piece of wood 8 inches long?  Don't know but I managed it and only found it after a brainwave.  Just keep calm Ann and think about what else you had on your desk - paper, not there, stamps, not in with those.  Eventually ended up opening all of my craft drawers before finding it - tucked away with my lace???


So not a lot on my desk this week, well not a lot of my stuff but it is covered with the yards, and yards of ribbon, fibres and lace, not to mention buttons and assorted brads I won in Cath Wilson's blog candy draw last week  It arrived on Saturday but I couldn't have a proper look until now. Lots of lovely unravelling to do today then - goodness knows where I'm going to store it as I already have a boxful.

Back to the weekend - it was a great time as we were celebrating not only Mr B's birthday but eldest Grandson George plus the youngest addition to the family, Kitty Ann who is one year old today.  The family travelled up from Bristol for a couple of nights and a family get-together.

George is now 15 and we wanted him to decorate his own cake.  Couldn't get a plain white sponge so we compromised with one which had a few roses in the centre - should have seen his face when he saw it ha ha.  The rose came off and we provided him with a couple of tubes of ready icing a a bag of Halloween horrors.


Not a traditional cake but he (and Thomas - 7) loved it, especially the blood round the base of the centipede, blood coming out of the central skull's eyes and the brown bits (don't ask) behind the spider.

* 123 was the title of the Len Barry song in the 60's - one of my favourites - can't see the numbers in sequence without breaking into song.

Enjoy your week everyone - I'm going back to bed for a week to recover.

13 comments:

Neet said...

Hi Ann - so glad you found your spindle and now I can't wait to see what you do with it. Am sure it will be fantastic!
I just love that cake. Fan-dabby-dozy! What a lot of birthdays - how great to be able to celebrate them together like this. Cannot believe your littlest grandee is one!
Thanks so much for sharing - Hugs, Neet #8 xxx
ps hope Sorrel is ok

Helen said...

What a great cake!! and a fab pile of ribbons and fibres.

Jennibellie said...

Fantastic cake - I'd love that now let alone 7 lol congrats on your winnings :)

JoZart Designs said...

Great fun Ann and what a great idea to get your GS to decorate his own cake. You don't look old enough to have a GS of 15! What a lucky win from Cath and your prize looks superb.
Will show you how to make the easy mini book next time I see you..... it's quite different!
Love joZarty x

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann. Fantastic birthday cake. What fun.
Regards Florence x

Neil said...

Hi there. Just a quick peek around the door this week as time is definitely not on my side! I did want to visit though. Brilliant birthday cake!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

We had the same idea with 123 - though I did the Jackson 5's version of it! The picture of all your ribbons etc made me laugh. That would be one heck of a jigsaw :) The spider poop made me hoot too, that's just the sort of thing my boys would do too!!
Hugs, LLJ xx

Unknown said...

Lots of ribbon!
I know how you feel when you have to tidy up for guests. It takes me weeks to figure out where things are, and what I was doing before they came.
Sometimes I never figure it out!

Sunshine Girl said...

Looks like you had a great time! I too had to tidy away as it was my sons birthday party at the weekend and now I cant find the school handouts about school trips and extra classes! if you have any ideas about where I might have shoved them in my hasty clear away please let me know!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had a similar mess like that today. In fact, those bags could have been my bags! Of course I love the cake and enjoyed reading you next post up, too. Happy belated WOYWW from #11.

Franka Benjaminsen said...

You received lots of ribbons and lace. That's great, only the storage... I stored my ribbons in glass pots, sorted on colour and it worked well.
The birthday cake looks wonderful. Hope he tastes well too. Thanks for visiting my blog. Bye, Franka

lisa said...

How lovely to receive all those gorgeous ribbons. You can never have enough can you?
The cake looks amazing. I bet is tasted delicious. Sounds like you had a great time.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a fab cake - yum! You're going to have fun with those ribbons - always good to have a good selection, how great to have won them!
Hugs
Rachel and Angela
xox