Sunday 1 July 2012

Flutter by, butterfly (don't look Hazel)and a win.

Yippee! I won a challenge.  Don't have time to enter as many as I would like but I had a go at the Artful Times Challenge last month as the theme was 'men', and I won!!!!!

Here is the link to the site if you would like to have a look at the deco pages that won.  The prize is a £10 voucher to spend at Oyster Stamps so I'm going to have a good browse round tomorrow to see what I can spend my pennies on - just like looking in a sweetshop window.  Can't promise I won't buy anything else as Oyster Stamps have very good prices (the best I could find for TH distress inks the other week).

Had a craft day yesterday and managed to finish two pages for a deco swap I'm in.  The theme was butterflies and although I have quite a few (well a lot if I'm honest) butterfly stamps it took me a while to get started.  Here are the finished pages.........


Moved down the page a bit.......



To stop Hazel peeping.....




TH distress inks (summer), tissue tape, and a variety of stamps.  The big one is one vellum, coloured on the back with Le Plume markers and raised on sticky squares.

A different approach on this page as I used the Puccini's Muse stamp and added a wooden butterfly (colour altered with DIs) to the stamped vellum strip on the left.
That's my last set of deco pages done so next on the 'to do' list is to try and catch up with Elizabeth's altered book course.

11 comments:

Ephemera said...

Oh wowser, these are both stunning Ann, love the colours and the gorgeous vellum butterfly in the first and as for the last page, it is a real beauty. x

Angie said...

Absolutely gorgeous ...love them both ...colours and design perfect. xx

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely, Ann - love the colours, of course and the images are wonderful. You're right about the prices at OS, just a pity their customer service isn't as good! I have a story but enough of that ... Congratulations on your well deserved win x

Netty said...

congratulations on your win and your pages are gorgeous. Annette x

chrissie said...

Congratulations on winning Ann.

Love both of these works of Art Ann and the new summery colours look amazing

Love Chrissie xx

Neet said...

Absolutely gorgeous Ann, that first page is stunning with those colours and that butterfly in the centre. Great focal point!
Hugs, Neet xx.

Von said...

I have to agree :) the first on is stunning Ann and I love the Puccini's muse stamp used on the second one
Lovely creations
Von ♥

Anonymous said...

Ann
Absolutely stunning. Adore your use of Puccini's Muse.
Wishes
Lynne

hazel said...

I didn't peep Ann, honestly.
The pages look fabulous but they are so much better in real life I love everything about them and I'm very lucky to own them.
xxx Hazel.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, Absolutely gorgeous.
Regards Florence xx

cockney blonde said...

Beautiful pages Ann, love them, x