Saturday 18 August 2012

What's on my desk Saturday?

I missed WOYWW this week as I hadn't anything to show.  What with getting ready for holidays, recovering from holidays, watching Olympics, recovering from Olympics and being a generally all-round lazy so-and-so crafting hasn't had much of a look in for quite a few weeks.  In fact my inks have probably dried up and my rubber stamps perished it's been that long since I did any stamping.  That's set to change though as I'm determined to get some done this week.

To ease myself in gradually I started a little art doll yesterday and finished her this morning.  Here is my work-tray....


Tatty old needlecase that I made at school, lots of seed beads and the finished doll.  I did some needle-felting to make the body in my favourite blues and greens and this time it was a success.  The first piece I made (see previous post) fell apart  when I took it off the foam block but then it was my first ever.  Good job I don't give up easily.

Here she is in close-up.


I know she only has legs but that's because she is (h)armless - can you tell I love puns?  Mr B thinks she looks creepy but then he has no taste ha ha.

She will be on her way to a good home soon as a little 'thank-you' .  Think I'm going to make another one just for me.

Good to be back - see you Wednesday.

11 comments:

Twiglet said...

Isn't it nice to get some crafting done after a little break. I love the colours in your little doll - sort of peacocky. x Jo

Anonymous said...

Heh! Heh! - great pun!!!!
This is so quirky, love her.
Wishes
Lynne

May said...

Love it...the colours are great ..perfect little beaded legs.. Brillant piece... she not creeping at all.. she is lovely Mr B... Hugs May x x x

Von said...

Aww that's another beautiful art doll Ann :)
Von ♥

fairy thoughts said...

you could start a off shoot here Ann WOYLS what's on your laptray saturday he he.
Sound like you have been busy and didn't we all enjoy the Olympics too.
Love your art doll even if she is armless
janet #9

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Ann,

What a pretty doll - very cool! I love the beads that you've used.

Hugs,
Kay

chrissie said...

A nice way to ease back in Ann.

Just love this little art doll the colour is beautiful and the work on it must have taken ages.

Love Chrissie xx

Ephemera said...

Hi Anne, fabby art doll, love those beautiful colours and beaded legs. xx

cockney blonde said...

Ann this is fab. I don't think she looks creepy, but I do think she's scowling at Mr. B, lol, x

Neet said...

I can feel a workshop coming on! Love these dolls you do - bring one to Vicky some time to let us have a look at them irl.
Lovely and the colours are terrific - Hugs, Neet

Judys Lace Creations said...

Cute Doll. This is an (H)artfelt comment!Glad you're back into crafting.
Judy #40